Hopefully this is the final push on the landing gear and I can finally get onto another part of the model.
On the set you can clearly see piping hanging down around the landing struts and I wanted to replicate these.
I had some Wave Option Part springs which looked to be about the right size. So after some testing I cut some to length. I used 2 sizes as the image above looked like they might be different (although might just be perspective), but even if not I think it adds extra interest and variety.
After testing out on one strut I pushed ahead and did the rest as well.
The springs were coated with Games Workshop Nuln Oil and then I used some MIG Pigments Streaking Rust to add variety to them.
Think that is pretty much it for the landing gear.