Adding some more pictures from long ago, this is the 1:6 scale Gowron which was issued by Geometrics. This was the first figure I really liked the end result on and was a festival of dry brushing. Never quite happy with the eyes or teeth and one day might try and redo these, but very happy with the way the skin and clothes came out.
This build was a struggle, not from the build itself which was dead easy but the decals. Was not impressed with these as they broke up far to easily and were extremely brittle. I eventually found that soaking them in warm water for plenty of time helped a bit. But finally got it all done.
To get it to sit right I had to glue in the support rod, otherwise it just kept tipping forwards.
Apologies for the slowness of progress, I’ve hurt my back and been immobile for pretty much most of the last 2 weeks. Now starting to get some movement back and I did a little bit on my build.
Decals are pretty much done with the exception of the name and registry ones. I don’t usually name my 1:2500 scale ships after the hero ships, instead choosing something more obscure and trying to pick something that was never known to be destroyed. But as this is being built of a competition to mark the 20th anniversary of the last episode of the Next Generation (23rd May 1994) I better stick with Enterprise D. Continue reading 1:2500 Galaxy Class-Part 5→
A while ago I bought the 1:2500 Constellation Class which was sold by Resin Modeller. The model retails for £15 plus postage (which was just 1st class post in the UK). I had a number of issues with the detail and the quality of the casting on it which I fed back to Resin Modeller at the time and we had quite a useful discussion. The upshot of this was that he decided to remaster this kit using a 3D printed version. This took sometime to produce but it is now available.
Still plugging away at these decals. Increasingly convinced that these were stored badly which has resulted in them becoming so brittle. The ones I used for the Miranda class were absolutely fine, and although these were obviously smaller even the small ones on this kit are breaking up.
Anyway, not too much more to do now. Just the nacelles, which need their coat of Dove Grey, so will be a short break from decalling anyway.
Trying to plug on with this quickly and get these wretched decals in place. Found that soaking them for an age helps but they still break apart far too easily. Just not come across this before so don’t know if it was how they were stored before I got it (I bought the kit from eBay) or just how they are.
Anyway, got the underside of the engineering hull done.