Been away so no progress on any new models, so timely to add another from the back of the shelf in the form of this figure kit of Kryten which was issued by Sevans an absolute age ago. It was painted up in Halfords spray paints if I remember rightly, with the details done in which a brush. Continue reading Kryten→
Continuing my additions from the “back of the shelf” I thought I’d add this old kit which I first got a long, long time ago. It is a 1980’s era release of one of the odder kits from the SF3D range which was subsequently re-named as Maschinen Krieger when they were re-released more recently and this is the name that has stuck with all new releases.
Here is the background blurb for this kit:
In March 2883, the Shutoral National Defense Force ordered the Weapon Development Service to produce a high power driverless reconnaissance weapon. However, development and production were far behind time owing to a change for the worse of output of antigravity equipment. It was at the end of September, 2884 that the Shutoral forces actually began to produce the driverless reconnaissance weapon with fine computer, seeker, and senor for reconnaissance capacity and silence in moving by the front, and each forces demanded to arrange the new weapon. However, the number of production of P.K.A. was prior to that of Neuspotter. Therefore the actual arrangement of Neuspotters was limited to a few superior forces.
So, through the bad translation from Japanese to English, this is basically a recon drone powered by an anti-grav drive.
The kit itself is 1:20 scale and used multi-media parts including brass etch. It’s a lovely kit and if you’re a fan of the SF3D/Ma.K series it’s a must have. Unfortunately it has never been re-released and consequently is something of a rarity. Continue reading Neuspotter→
Now with arms and head (although the head isn’t glued up yet as I haven’t done the LED for the eyes yet). So assembly is pretty much completed with the exception of the booster packs. Also still need to figure out a way of doing a clear insert on the booster pack to fill in the area I had to drill out: Continue reading Starboost Mk 39-Part 3→
Adding some more pictures from long ago, this is the 1:6 scale Gowron which was issued by Geometrics. This was the first figure I really liked the end result on and was a festival of dry brushing. Never quite happy with the eyes or teeth and one day might try and redo these, but very happy with the way the skin and clothes came out.
Didn’t get quite so far along with this at the weekend as I had hoped, and really just got the legs done. Had some difficulties running the wires through the feet where there is no real space and had to chop out some solid parts. I ran the wires out the bottom of the foot and will hide it around the metal support. I did think about trying to make a hollow tube to run the wires down but think getting the angle just right would be tricky and not worth the effort.