1:2500 USS Hood

Threw this little kit together in an evening and applied some decals to it.  Pretty much every surface is covered in decals.  There is a very subtle aztek pattern on the primary hull which the camera just can’t pick up I’m afraid so you’ll just have to trust me that it’s there.  Took a scan before applying them so next time I do one I’ll adjust the contrast a bit so they show up a little bit more.

Just need to give it a coat of dull coat.

Gone with the USS Hood, which was one of the original Constitution classes, and I’ve made an assumption that it would have had a refit.

USS Hood
USS Hood
USS Hood
USS Hood
USS Hood
USS Hood
USS Hood
USS Hood
USS Hood
USS Hood

 

 

 

 

Advertisements

1:2500 Ambassador Class Ship-Part 2

Not sure I like the decals for this set very much.  Real fiddle to get them lined up and few places where the printed windows don’t seem to match the engraved windows on the model.  Would probably have been better if I had filled them all in prior to starting.

But here is the progress.

First the underside of the saucer section.

Underside
Underside

And this was the first side completed.

First side
First side

Hopefully holding it will give you an idea of the size.

First side
First side

And this was the secondary hull after completing the second side, all bar the nacelle (only because I needed something to hold it by while the other decals were still wet).

Second side
Second side
Second side
Second side

Getting the large transfers which wrap around the secondary hull to align was a royal pain.  It’s not 100% even now but they are so thin they were starting to tear as I had to try and move them so many times.  Will have to do.

And the sharp eyed will have spotted the ship name, which has now been applied to the primary hull.

USS Zhukov
USS Zhukov

1:2500 Ambassador Class Ship-Part 1

As I was adding the old Star Trek models to this blog I got a bit of a hankering to do a new one.  So went up into the loft and had a good rummage around and found a lot of my old 1:2500 models (I had a bit of an addiction to them at one point and got quite a few including resin ones of the more unusual ships).  And in looking found a basically complete Ambassador Class model.  It had been fully assembled at some point in the past with the exception of gluing the saucer to the main body.

So for a quick fix this was going to be ideal.

I gave it a quick respray with some Halfords White Primer and then got cracking with the decals.  As with the USS Sovereign the decals cover the majority of the surfaces and the one on the top of the saucer is basically the size of the entire thing with the centre area cut out so the bridge can fit inside the decal and also the phaser banks.  Very scary applying it though and after a failed attempt to slide it on I floated it in a large bowl of water and the lifted the saucer up underneath it.  Because of its size, and how fragile it is with the missing sections, I didn’t quite get it into the perfect position but it is only a fraction out.

The other decals for the areas around the bridge and around the edge of the saucer where then added.

Saucer
Saucer

So not bad progress for a short period of time.  More to come.