I’ve been quite behind in adding updates for this build, which took most of the summer off and now trying to push through and get it finished.
Assembly was relatively simple, apart from the complications I put into it myself with the lighting. Pictures below are after a coat of white primer, which will form the main colour.
From that point the main painting was started, with the grey panels added across the body and the small parts of gold.
Used a dark grey from Games Workshop for the panels rather than a black. This give me an opportunity to put a wash over to bring out the detail at a later stage. Gold is Valajo but coverage was pretty poor and needs going over again.
After that I finally got the light in the head. For some reason it had me thrown a bit but a sudden realisation got it done. The dark panels then received a drybrush to make the details come out. Kept it subtle as I do have a tendency to overdo it, but will see if maybe too subtle tonight.
Thought I was going to be pretty much done after that but discovered I had forgotten to paint the last parts (the shoulder pieces) and as it’s chucking down with rain I can’t do it tonight. So got everything else buttoned up, few bits of detail painting and some panel line washes.
Still got the decals to add.
The chest piece has a printout behind it which becomes pretty much invisible with the LED on. (See below).
And with the lights switched on.
So just a few more little bits to do and we can call this one sorted.