Continuing my additions from the “back of the shelf” I thought I’d add this old kit which I first got a long, long time ago. It is a 1980’s era release of one of the odder kits from the SF3D range which was subsequently re-named as Maschinen Krieger when they were re-released more recently and this is the name that has stuck with all new releases.
Here is the background blurb for this kit:
In March 2883, the Shutoral National Defense Force ordered the Weapon Development Service to produce a high power driverless reconnaissance weapon. However, development and production were far behind time owing to a change for the worse of output of antigravity equipment. It was at the end of September, 2884 that the Shutoral forces actually began to produce the driverless reconnaissance weapon with fine computer, seeker, and senor for reconnaissance capacity and silence in moving by the front, and each forces demanded to arrange the new weapon. However, the number of production of P.K.A. was prior to that of Neuspotter. Therefore the actual arrangement of Neuspotters was limited to a few superior forces.
So, through the bad translation from Japanese to English, this is basically a recon drone powered by an anti-grav drive.
The kit itself is 1:20 scale and used multi-media parts including brass etch. It’s a lovely kit and if you’re a fan of the SF3D/Ma.K series it’s a must have. Unfortunately it has never been re-released and consequently is something of a rarity.
I first built this even longer ago using a grey mottled pattern. It was OK but not great.
I decided to do a repaint and looking at the suggested camouflage there was a split pattern.
I initially thought this was showing 2 different schemes on the same one but a couple of people had built it like this already and I liked the quirkiness of it.
So that’s what I ended up with.
At the time I was building this I was adding a little cheesecake art decal to each build, as a thematic link, and this is the one used on this build.
And finally a close up view from the front.
Weathering was kept to a relative minimum and was mainly to highlight detail rather than to show that this had been in the field for a long time.