Assembly is now complete and it’s ready for primer and paint.
LEDs are working fine. Will tint the clear parts with a little red to get the right colour for them. Clear parts not added yet.
If the weather improves and it’s not raining I might be able to get some primer on at least!
And it stopped raining last night so a coat of Halford Peugeot Graphite Metallic was applied on top of a layer of primer.
An hour or so with a brush has started to block in the silver areas.
One small mistake needs to be corrected (misread the instructions), but nearly there.
The ever increasingly long thread:
Nearly there, and then I decided that I didn’t like the solid blocks of very dark colours and a bit of dry brushing might make the contours pop a little bit.
Not sure it was (in hindsight) the smartest move I ever made though.
It certainly achieves the object of making the contours show more though. Also some washes applied to the panel lines. Needs a bit of clean up now as was a bit sloppy with the washes.
Also I found out that trying to fit the eye lens in once the helmet has been glued together is impossible. I did this on the previous Iron Man kit so just kind of assumed I could do it here as well. Should have test fitted it at least. So instead the eyes were filled with PVA and the clear parts tinted with Tamiya Clear Red. With the lights behind this washes out quite a lot which seems to be similar to reference pictures.
And last night I spotted (no idea why I hadn’t spotted it before) that one eye has a bubble in the PVA and it is blocking the light. So will need to redo that. Also I toned down the dry brushing a bit.