Well another evening spent doing this with washes and drybrushing.
Started by reapplying some of the orange stripes along the body and drybrushing some more yellow down the front area. Unfortunately went a bit too far and the red wash will need redoing now. The pictures below used flash as it was bit dark when I took these and some of the detail has been washed out. Will need to get some good ones when it’s done.
Then moves on and stippled onto the back plates some Cathran Brown to give some gradation. Also did this on the horns and claws. This was followed by drybrushing with Dheneb Stone (the original base colour) to provide texture to the plates. The horns had the same treatment but just on the tips.
The wings got some more washes with Baal Red washes around the ribs on the underside and into the creases on the top.
The face also got a light drybrush with some red with a bit of orange mixed in. Just trying to get those details to show up a bit more.
I blocked the teeth (which actually aren’t that well moulded) in with white with a view to picking them out with a darker colour later but then decided to do the inside of the mouth first, which is more logical anyway. I gave a good going over with Tamiya Clear Red but this wasn’t giving enough darkness, so I worked in a bit of Clear Blue into the back of the throat area and along the top of the tongue where there is texture. Will need to come back to the teeth.
Finally the eye was done. I have a vague recollection that dragons with blue eyes are happy (no idea where such a piece of information came from or why I seem to remember it, but that’s the way it is. So gave the eye a coat of Mithral Silver and when that was dry used the Clear Blue to go over the top. Wasn’t intending to do anything else, like adding a pupil or that as it’s a bit small for me.
So think I will just finish off the teeth and possibly redo the front area (again) and then turn to getting the base completed.